Adding up the total running times of all Star Trek TV series and movies, we are able to learn several interesting things…
- The Original Series makes up just 12% of the Star Trek franchise with an approximate total running time of 4,000 minutes.
- 'Most' of Star Trek is Star Trek: The Next Generation, with an approximate total running time of 7,832 minutes, and a total percentage of 25% if you include it’s movies.
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Star Trek: Voyager are the other heavy hitters, with 24% and 23% of the franchise respectively.
- The Next Generation Era makes up a total of 72% of the entire Star Trek franchise, compared with a total of 15% from The TOS Era.
- The smallest single contribution comes from the JJ Abrams movies, with just 259 minutes of content.
- Star Trek: Enterprise provides 13% of the franchise, compared to 12% from TOS.
Placed in order of content, from most to least, the various Star Trek series and movies stand as follows:
- Star Trek: The Next Generation - 24%
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - 24%
- Star Trek: Voyager - 23%
- Star Trek: Enterprise - 13%
- Star Trek: The Original Series - 12%
- TOS Movies - 2%
- TNG Movies - 1%
- JJ Abrams Reboot - 1%
Or if we divide them into ‘eras’, it becomes this:
- Next Generation Era - 72%
- Original Series Era - 15%
- Enterprise Era - 13%
"You realize that everything the police are doing in Ferguson is carefully calculated, right? They’re purposely turning peaceful protests into riots. They’re purposely committing violence to incite violence. From saying ‘We won’t be answering 911 calls,’ which is a very clever way to set themselves up to be able to say, ‘We were afraid for our safety - any call could really be an ambush, our lives were in danger’ right down to the camouflage and the military tanks and wearing more body armor than a soldier in a war zone. Its exactly why they’re going for a media blackout - yet allowing certain photos through - they WANT you to see their tanks. They want you to see their riot gear. They WANT you to see a war-zone. They’re trying to sell the world the idea that this community is inherently and constantly a source of violence and turmoil - they want you to think that they [the police] are being attacked daily in a place so vicious they need full body armor. You know why? Because then, at the end of the day, you might just be able to believe the story they’re going to spin. They’re going to tell you that this (white) officer goes to work in this war zone every day - that he spends every working moment in constant fear for his life. They’re going to tell you that Michael Brown attacked this officer. And then they’re going to bring up everything that has happened in the aftermath and try to use it to convince you that he shot that little boy because he was afraid for his life. They’re setting up a defense. You mark my words, they’re trying to set up a defense."
My mom’s take on what’s going on in Ferguson (via actualbanshee)
Your mom isn’t wrong. That’s why it’s so important to keep the signal going. Too many are silenced with lies and fear and if they cannot speak then we have to do it for them.